EuroSys, with generous donations from our supporters, offers several grants to enable students, post-docs, and faculty worldwide to attend the conference. The grants cover the EuroSys conference registration, including meals, and possibly some funding toward accommodation and travel expenses.
Grants will be awarded by the grant committee based on a combination of need and merit. Students receiving a travel grant need to agree to serve as a session scribe (if required) during the conference. Applicants are encouraged to participate to the poster session and the workshops.
Who can apply?
Funding is available to all students, post-docs, and faculty at
educational institutions world-wide.
How to apply
Applications have to be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. The following nformation is requested from all applicants:
- The completed form at the bottom of this page. Please write in English. The form can be copied as plain text in the body of your message.
- A short position paper explaining what benefits are expected from attending the conference and why the grant should be awarded. The statement should describe ongoing research and recent papers published the applicant. It should be no longer than one page. Attach the paper to the e-mail as a PDF file.
Students are also requested to provide:
- A letter of recommendation from the advisor supporting the application. The advisor’s statement should be sent separately from the student’s application, and should indicate the student’s name in the “Subject” line of the e-mail.
The deadline for receipt of applications for grants is February 28th, 2013. Notifications will be sent out via e-mail by March 7th, 2013.
|Applications due:||Thursday, 28th February, 2013|
|Notification of acceptance:||Thursday, 7th March, 2013|
Important Notes on the Conference Registration
Receivers of a EuroSys Grant will register with a special promotion code. Therefore, applicants shall not register for the conference until they have received the notification of acceptance from the grant chairs. This is still before the early registration deadline.
For more information, contact the grant co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gilles Muller, INRIA / LIP6
- Guillaume Pierre, IRISA / University of Rennes 1
- Olaf Spinczyk, Technische Universität Dortmund.