Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the EuroSys 2013 conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere.
Proposals should include:
- Workshop name and a 150- to 200-word abstract describing the workshop, suitable for the conference Web site
- A short summary of the topic, scope and significance of the workshop including a discussion on the relevance to EuroSys topics (please include information about past iterations of the workshop, if any)
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers, plans for dissemination (for example, special issues of journals, or position statements distributed to the participants), the expected number of participants, and the planned workshop format
- A brief CV of each of the organizers including contact addresses and an identification of a single primary contact
- A proposal for the workshop submission and acceptance notification deadlines
Note that the paper acceptance notification for the conference is Jan 8th, thus the workshop submission deadlines should be after that, and workshop notifications must be sent no later than February 2013, so that authors can benefit from the early registration rate. Furthermore, camera-ready copies of the paper must be provided to the organizers no later than March 30, 2013, in order to include them in the electronic version of the proceedings.
All proposals will be judged on their merits and the best proposals will be accepted. Specifically, workshops that have been organized at previous iterations of EuroSys are not automatically accepted this year. For instance, we will take into account the success of previous events (in terms of attendance, submissions, etc.) in our deliberations.
The EuroSys organization provides:
- Page hosted (or link) on EuroSys Web site
- Management of registration for participants
- Setup of meeting space and related equipment
- Coffee-breaks and workshop lunch arrangements
For workshops interested in publishing their proceedings, the EuroSys organization will provide the following support. Note that workshop proceedings will not be included in the same volume as the EuroSys conference proceedings.
- Collect camera-ready versions of the papers and their copyright forms
- Provide support for publishing on the on-site CD
- Provide support to obtain an ISBN number
- Publish papers in ACM digital library (pending confirmation)
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the chairperson(s) of the workshop. The workshop organization must take care of:
- Coordinating deadlines and acceptance notifications for workshop papers with the EuroSys Workshop Chair
- Workshop publicity, call for papers, and submission and review process
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for inclusion on the EuroSys Web page
- Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the EuroSys local organizers
|Workshop proposals due:||October 17, 2012|
|Acceptance notification:||October 21, 2012|
|Date of workshops:||April 14, 2013|
Please send electronic submissions to the workshop chairs at email@example.com. Feel free to also contact them with any questions regarding the EuroSys 2013 workshops.